Checkered Flag Tire Balance Beads Questions and Answers About Tire Balance Beads
The Tire Balance Beads are great but DO NOT work with all tire sizes. If you do not see your tire size on the charts please contact us before you purchase because they may not work on your size.
If you are using PVC sewer pipe inside your tires as some sort of bead lock / run-flat….DO NOT use because it may cause issues.
If you see your tire size under “Trailer Tires” DO NOT think it will be fine with your small car because small cars have different types of suspension.
If your tire balance beads question is not below please call or email us.
Have a shop? – Ask about our shop rates.
Please Call Us 928-255-5540 Email Us
Tire Balance Beads questions and answers
1. Will they work with all tires?
Not with Sidewall ratios of 60 or less (some 65 sidewalls)…..This type of tire often have a left to right dynamic balance issues only correctable by spin balancing.
2. What about Filtered Valve Cores?
Very very optional… call us if you want to discuss further – 928-255-5540
3. Use with CTIS Central Tire Inflation System?
No – not recommended
4. Use with Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems?
5. Use balance beads with my 5th Wheel or Camp Trailer
6. Use in motorcycle tires?
7. Use with Inner Tubes?
Yes and no….some tubes have a smaller hole just below the core hole that blocks them….check yours
8. Use in Hummers?
Yes without CTIS or Run-Flat type tires
9. Use balance beads in Run Flat Tires?
10. Use with Nitrogen?
11. Use with Sealant of any kind?
12. Use with Super Singles?
13. Use in airplane tires?
Not exactly sure….need more feedback from pilots that are using them.
14. Do I have to remove my tires from the vehicle?
No – if you have the tools need to break the tire loose from the rim on the vehicle. If not, you will remove it to break the tire loose and install. Or you may have a tire shop do it for you. Installation through Valve Stem is only recommended on motorcycles using 1 or 2 ounces.
15. Will they damage my tires or wheels?
16. If moisture gets in my tires, will they clump up and stop working?
No… they will not clump like plastic beads, powder and glass beads do with moisture.
17. Can I put the tire on a balancer with them inside?
18. Does air pressure affect the beads?
Yes….if the pressure is too low the tire can cup and the beads move the the sides instead of staying in the center of the tire.
19. Do they fall to the bottom of the tire at a stop?
20. Will I hear them while driving?
21. At what speed do they start to work?
30mph and above….but 99% of the time you will not notice any imbalance below 30mph anyway.
22. How much will I need?
23. Must wheel weights be removed?
Yes…remove all lead or steel balance weights.
24. Will your beads effect tire life?
Yes, you can expect up to 30% more life with balanced tires.
25. If I have to patch or plug my tire will it effect them?
No.. as long as there is not a lot of excess glue used in the process and baby powder is recommended to adhere to patch glue. Basically keep it neat and let it dry.
26. Can I reuse them?
27. Will the bead help with steering wheel shimmy, wobble or shake issues?
No…These conditions are commonly caused by a steering component failure, defective tire / tread, worn out hub bearings, worn out ball joints. The beads will not compensate for any of these situations.
28. What about glass, plastic, steel beads and powder?
Glass can come apart in a tire, glass, plastic and balance powder can clump with moisture. Steel beads can damage rims by chipping away the protective coating and allowing steel rims to rust and aluminum rims to corrode.
29. What about Ball Bearing type Balancers?
Simple economics….Do the math with purchase cost and remember, our beads are reusable.
Checkered Flag Tire Balancing without the machine Wheel weights have been around for many years, but are no longer the only solution for trucks, commercial vehicles, trailers, aircraft and motorcycles. We want you to get the highest possible tire mileage by using our products.
The way we do this is by offering an internal solution, a high-density bead that continuously balances your tires as you drive. The amount of material will distribute itself in weight and position dependent on the balance requirements of the individual tire.
The result is a smooth, vibration-free ride, derived from tire balancing beads, that are always repositioning itself as the tire wears. If you own a pickup truck, commercial truck, motorhome, RV, tractor trailer, motorcycle, or similar vehicle, and want to get rid of those wheel vibration and tire cupping problems, then our tire balance beads are the answer.