Questions and Answers About Tire Balance Beads
- The Tire Balance Beads DO NOT work with all tire sizes. If you do not see your tire size on the charts please contact us before you purchase.
- If you are using PVC sewer pipe inside your tires as some sort of bead lock / run-flat….DO NOT use the balance beads.
- If you see your tire size under “Trailer Tires” DO NOT think balancing beads will be fine with your small car….
If your tire bead question is not below please call or email us.
Have a shop? – Ask about our shop rates.
Please Call Us 928-255-5540 Email Us
Questions and Answers
1. Will beads work with all tires?
Not with Sidewall ratios of 65 or less…..This type of tire often have a left to right dynamic balance issues only correctable by spin balancing.
2. What about Filtered Valve Cores?
Very very optional… call us if you want to discuss further – 928-255-5540
3. Use with CTIS Central Tire Inflation System?
No – not recommended
4. Use with Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems?
5. Use beads with my 5th Wheel or Camp Trailer
6. Use in motorcycle tires?
7. Use with Inner Tubes?
Yes and no….some tubes have a smaller hole just below the core hole that blocks the beads….check yours
8. Use in Hummers?
Yes without CTIS or Run-Flat type tires
9. Use beads in Run Flat Tires?
10. Use with Nitrogen?
11. Use with Sealant of any kind?
12. Use with Super Singles?
13. Use in airplane tires?
Not exactly sure….need more feedback from pilots that are using them.
14. Do I have to remove my tires from the vehicle?
No – if you have the tools need to break the tire bead loose from the rim on the vehicle. If not, you will remove it to break the tire bead loose and install. Or you may have a tire shop do it for you. Installation through Valve Stem is only recommended on motorcycles using 1 or 2 ounces.
15. Will your product damage my tires or wheels?
16. If moisture gets in my tires, will they clump up and stop working?
No… they will not clump like plastic beads, powder and glass beads do with moisture.
17. Can I put the tire on a balancer with the beads inside?
18. Do the beads fall to the bottom of the tire at a stop?
19. Will I hear them while driving?
20. At what speed do the beads start to work?
30mph and above….but 99% of the time you will not notice any imbalance below 30mph anyway.
21. How much will I need?
22. Must wheel weights be removed?
Yes…remove all lead or steel balance weights.
23. Will they effect tire life?
Yes, you can expect up to 30% more life with balanced tires.
24. If I have to patch or plug my tire will it effect the beads ?
No.. as long as there is not a lot of excess glue used in the process and baby powder is recommended to adhere to patch glue. Basically keep it neat and let it dry.
25. Can I reuse the beads?
26. Will the bead help with steering wheel shimmy, wobble or shake issues?
No…These conditions are commonly caused by a steering component failure, defective tire / tread, worn out hub bearings, worn out ball joints. The beads will not compensate for any of these situations.
27. What about glass beads, plastic beads, steel beads and powder?
Glass beads can come apart in a tire, glass and plastic beads and balance powder can clump with moisture. Steel beads can damage rims by chipping away the protective coating and allowing steel rims to rust and aluminum rims to corrode.
28. What about Ball Bearing type Balancers?
Simple economics….Do the math with purchase cost and remember, our beads are reusable.
I hope we can help you with your tire balancing needs…..Thank You.