Ceramic Balancing Beads questions and answers are for Beads ONLY (not for the Liquid Tire Balance)
Before moving on please read below.
- Ceramic Balancing Beads questions and answers. Firstly, The Tire Balance Beads are great but DO NOT work with all tire sizes. If you do not see your tire size on the charts please contact us before you purchase.
- Secondly, If you are using PVC pipe inside your tires as some sort of run-flat then DO NOT use because it may cause issues.
- Finally, If you see your tire size under “Trailer Tires” please don't think it will be fine with your small car. This is because small cars have different types of suspension.
Watch product videos - Just click Here.
Common Ceramic Balancing Beads questions and answers
Ceramic Balancing Beads questions and answers.
1. Will they work with all tires?
Checkered Flag Tire Beads are compatible with most tires. However, they may not work with tires that have sidewall ratios of 60 or less- including some 65 sidewalls. Additionally, for this type of tire, which often exhibits left-to-right dynamic balance issues, only spin balancing can correct the imbalance.
2. Should I use Filtered Valve Cores?
The use of filtered valve cores is optional when using Tire Beads.
3. Can I use them with C.T.I.S. (Central Tire Inflation System)?
No- we do not recommend using Beads with C.T.I.S. systems.
4. May I use these with Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS)?
Yes- you can use Checkered Flag Beads with Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems.
5. Can these be used to balance my 5th Wheel or Camp Trailer?
Yes- you can use Balancing Beads to balance the tires on your 5th Wheel or Camp Trailer.
6. Will these balance motorcycle tires?
Yes- Beads are suitable for balancing motorcycle tires.
7. Is an inner tube something these beads will work in?
Checkered Flag Balancing Beads are not meant for inner tubes.
8. Can I use these in my Hummer?
Yes- you can use product in your Hummer as long as it does not have C.T.I.S. or Run-Flat type tires.
9. What about Run Flat Tires?
No- these are not recommended for use with Run Flat Tires.
10. Is use with Nitrogen good?
Yes- Checkered Flag can be used with nitrogen-filled tires.
11. What about Sealant of any kind?
No- it is not recommended to use any type of sealant with any Beads.
12. Super Single use?
Yes- you can use these with super single tires.
13. Can I use them in airplane tires?
We do not have conclusive information about using Checkered Flag in airplane tires. We recommend seeking feedback from pilots who have experience with them.
14. Do I have to remove my tires from the vehicle?
No- you do not need to remove your tires from the vehicle if you have the necessary tools to break the tire loose from the rim on the vehicle. However, if you do not, you can have a tire shop do it for you.
15. Will they damage my tires or wheels?
No- Checkered Flag Tire Beads will not damage your tires or wheels.
16. If moisture gets in my tires- will they clump up and stop working?
Checkered Flag Balance Beads are not prone to clumping due to moisture, especially with a small layer of moisture. They do not clump like plastic beads, powder, or glass beads. However, if there is enough water to puddle in the tire, it may cause issues with all types of balance beads.
17. May I use a tire balance machine with them inside?
No- you should not use a tire balance machine with beads inside.
18. Does air pressure affect the beads?
Yes- air pressure can affect the behavior of the beads. If the tire’s air pressure is too low, it can cause the tire to cup and the beads may move towards the sides instead of staying in the center of the tire.
19. Do they fall to the bottom of the tire at a stop?
Yes- the beads may settle at the bottom of the tire when the vehicle comes to a stop.
20. Will I hear them while driving?
No- you will not hear them while driving.
21. At what speed do they start to work?
Balance Beads start working effectively at speeds of 30 mph and above. However, most of the time- you will not notice any imbalance below 30 mph.
22. How much will I need?
Please refer to our charts for guidance on the amount you will need for your specific tire size.
23. Must wheel weights be removed?
Yes- you should remove all lead or steel balance weights.
24. Will your beads affect tire life?
Yes- you can expect up to 30% more tire life when your tires are balanced compared to not.
25. If I have to patch or plug my tire- will it affect them?
No- patching or plugging your tire should not affect the performance. Use a reasonable amount of glue and consider using baby powder to help dry the patch glue.
26. Can I reuse them?
Yes- we guarantee for the life of one set of tires but many folks re-use them on a second set.
27. Will the beads help with steering wheel shimmy, wobble, or shake issues?
No- steering wheel shimmy, wobble, or shake issues are often caused by factors such as steering component failure, defective tires/tread, worn-out hub bearings or worn-out ball joints and bad shocks. Checkered Flag Tire Beads will not compensate for these situations.
28. What about glass- plastic- steel beads- and powder?
Glass beads can come apart in a tire- and glass, plastic and balance powder can clump when exposed to moisture. Steel beads can damage rims by chipping away protective coatings, leading to rust in steel rims and corrosion in aluminum rims.